10. Everyday is a scavenger hunt—who can find their matching socks first?
9. Marker on the walls provides decorative color splashes.
8. The vacuum still has its new smell.
7. Pet hair provides good insulation—it saves on energy costs.
6. Toys cover carpet stains.
5. Fingerprints on the windows provide natural tinting.
4. Because “the house ate my homework” sounds so much better than that old dog excuse.
3. It’s safe from criminals—they think the house has already been ransacked.
2. Food crumbs provide job security for the dog.
1. It’s easier to count my blessings when I trip over them.
Who me…messy house?
Jennifer Dyer has an M.S. in Communications Disorders, which served her well in her professional career as a speech-language pathologist. Never did she imagine that her education and career were God’s way of preparing her to be a mom to her own daughter with autism. Today, she enjoys reaching out to other families who face similar diagnoses. As a cancer survivor, carpet-cleaning veteran, and originator of the “Messy House Ministry,” Jennifer feels blessed to share joy, peace, and humor with others facing life’s challenges. She is mom to two beautiful daughters and is thankful to be raising them, serving other families with unique needs, and using her gift of writing and speaking to minister to others. Jennifer is also the author of a youth fiction book series and is trusting God with His timing on publication. Jennifer has been a mom for 11 years. She and Brandon have been married for 13 years.