Happy Labor Day!
I encourage you to use this Labor Day as an opportunity to make a fun memory with your children. Do something out of the ordinary and unexpected—be a silly mom!
- Prepare flying family flapjacks—don’t serve them on plates, but toss them to the kiddos and they have to catch them with their plates.
- Challenge your children to a game of hide-and-go-seek.
- Enjoy a hairbrush microphone singing contest.
- Have a picnic at a park, in your yard, or even in your living room.
- Play a board game.
- Make orange juice floats (vanilla ice cream and OJ—yum!).
- Teach them how to speak pig Latin.
- Have a family dance-off.
- Pull out some old photos and tell them stories about your childhood or what they were like when they were babies.
- Have everyone wear their clothes inside out.
Okay, stop reading and go have some fun! If you try one of these ideas, leave a comment and tell us what your kiddos thought.
Tracey Eyster is the Founder of MomLife Today and the annual Mom Camp event help at Pine Cove Christian Camp. Her book Be The Mom, LifeWay Bible Study Beautiful Mess and speaking engagements have allowed her the privilege of speaking into the lives of women sharing what God is teaching her. “Be intentional. Be relational. Be selfless.” In a nutshell, that’s her life and message. Tracey has been a mom since 1993 and she and Bill have been married for over 30 years.