The summer is almost over and school is about to begin! The time went so quickly.
As school begins and your little one has his or her first day of kindergarten approaching, here is a way to funnel your anxiety into something fun for your child.
In Germany on the first day of school parents present their 5- or 6-year-olds with a “schultüte,” which roughly translates to “school cone,” a paper cone filled with all sorts of goodies–candy, toys, school supplies, and often brightly decorated with stickers and tissue paper.
Supplies you need:
- Tissue paper
- Colored poster board
- Tape, staples, or glue
- Ribbon (if you want)
- Goodies for the kids
- Camera to take a picture
Step by step:
- Take your poster board and cut a quarter circle shape out of it.
- Roll it into a cone.
- Tape, glue, or staple the ends of the paper together to complete the cone.
- Write your child’s name on the outside of the cone, dress it up as much as you like with ribbon, stickers, bows, and anything else you want.
- Line the inside with tissue paper, enough so that it will spill over like a gift bag.
- Place the small gifts in the cone.
- Surprise your child with the schultüte before he goes to school in the morning.
MomLife Today is a community of Christ-centered, others-focused, love-infused, praying women sharing our lives together. We share our lives to glorify God, learn His truths, train children in His ways and strengthen legacies.