Our Children Need Hope: 30 Ways to Share It
I remember last summer, when my daughter was driving me to the store. As she rounded the corner to park, there were two women (I say in their twenties) who were crossing to enter the same store. My daughter, just learning to drive got just a little close, so I said, “Pedestrians have the right of way, sweetie pie.” Then I noticed one of the ladies had slowed down, taking baby steps in front of my car, and glaring at us with death threat eyes. I rolled down the window, “So sorry, she’s just learning to drive.” To my horror, she responded with expletives and meanness. That is the message this cute young woman left ringing in my ears.
There is an attack of anger waged against our young adults. ‘Why are they angry?’ you may ask. There are too many things to list, but as the moms, we must respond.
Our needed and necessary response should bring hope to those that the enemy would want to make live in anger. It is time for us to flood our children with messages of hope. Hope will be our offensive attack against the attitudes of anger thrown out for our children to catch.
As school begins for those around you, we need to send messages of hope to our children. Put handwritten messages in your children’s backpacks. Text them, tweet them, FB them, Pin them any message that would let them know. HOPE IS ALIVE!
Scientists say it takes 21 days to make a habit and 29 to change and replace a habit. So for the next 30 days, I would love for all moms to send messages of hope to those we love. No matter what may be going on in the lives of those we love, let them know “I’m in your corner “and “I love you!”
Here are 30 short messages for us to copy and paste, write out, text, etc., to the young men and women in our lives:
- God is your refuge and strength, a very present help in time of trouble (Psalm 46:1).
- You are the best. I thank God for you.
- God will never leave you nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5).
- I love you, forever!
- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand (Isaiah 41:10).
- I am praying for you, today.
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit (Romans 15:13).
- You bring joy to my life.
- Nothing is too difficult for God (Jeremiah 32:17).
- You are so beautiful to me. (If it’s a son, replace beautiful with handsome.)
- Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity (1 Timothy 4:12).
- God has a special plan and purpose for your life.
- You can do all things through Christ who gives you strength (Philippians 4:13).
- “You is smart, you is kind and you is important” (Aibileen, The Help).
- Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God (Psalm 43:5).
- You are a great person and I am so blessed to have you in my life.
- Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever! (Psalm 118:29).
- I believe in you.
- Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall (Psalm 55:22).
- Find a reason to roll on the floor and laugh today.
- I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth (Psalm 121:1-2).
- Good job!
- He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds (Psalm 147:3).
- Find all your hope in God.
- God loves you with an everlasting love; He will continue His faithfulness to you (Jeremiah 31:3).
- I’m so proud of you!
- Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you (Deuteronomy 31:6).
- “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning” (Einstein).
- So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love (1 Corinthians 13:13).,
- Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord their God (Psalm 146:5).
It is time for us to get the message out and share hope…pass it on!