Romantic Ideas Abound Here
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, so do tell: what do you have planned for Hubby?
We must remember that Valentine’s Day is not just for the ladies; we need to romance our men as well.
This year, FamilyLife asked the recipients of our weekly Marriage Memo what’s the most romantic thing their spouse had ever done for them. I had big fun reading through the more than 80 replies that came in answering that question.
So in case you are in a quandary as to how to romance your sweetie pie this year, I thought you would enjoy checking out some of my favorites and considering one of these romanticular ideas for yourself!
- The most romantic thing my wife has done for me is when I come home from a business or hunting trip to find she sometimes has a candlelight dinner ready and has dressed in a negligee with all the lights out in the house. We have had some great romantic episodes in our 28 years of marriage, but this one is at the top of my list and it is very inexpensive. I love you, Baby.
- I used to travel a lot due to my career as a pro golfer. After two weeks of traveling and upon returning home in the evening, my wife had already put our two boys down for bed. I walked into the bedroom to find my wife standing there waiting for me. I looked around to find the bedroom decked out with candles, shrimp cocktail on the coffee table with sparkling juice in the glasses, and one of our favorite movies ready to play on the TV. We enjoyed the movie, shrimp, juice … and each other. That was 14 years ago, and I still remember the great feelings that evoked and still do. We’ve had many more since then.
- The most romantic thing my husband ever did for me was when I was at work one day. He went into the kitchen, scrubbed my kitchen counters, and made them shine beautifully. He reorganized all my spices alphabetically, and he just made my kitchen look brand new. When I got home, it was just so special that he would take the time to do that for me. He continues to do this for me all the time. I just love that! I know it doesn’t sound like much, but to me it’s the best thing he could have ever done for me. When you cook all the time, it’s the most wonderful thing somebody could do for you. (So maybe you could clean his shop, his golf clubs, his car!)
- I have an amazing husband. He does many romantic things, but one of them is to paint my toenails when I am pregnant. (We are a mom blog — I had to put this one in! I would not advise you paint hubby’s toe nails but maybe a hand massage.)
- My husband asked me to install a content filter on his laptop before he deployed to Afghanistan. He didn’t want to be tempted to look at anything that would hurt me or our marriage since we would be apart for so long (a great idea for each of your computers).
- The most romantic thing my husband has ever done for me is to take my hand and pray for me. I have never in my life felt more loved than when he has done this for me. He simply reached my heart at the deepest level by loving me enough to take my concerns to our Jesus. (Maybe you could start this tradition by praying for your children.)
If you have some romantic ideas to share with our MomLife Today community, we invite you to leave them in the comment section or on our Facebook Page.
And hey, if you would like to receive FamilyLife’s Marriage Memo each Monday you may do so by registering here.