Do you want to make your husband feel great? From sincere compliments to questions to help you understand your man better this list has 62 ways to do just that.
1. Thanks for doing that. It means a lot to me when you serve me in little ways like that.
2. I am such a different woman because of the way you _____ (love me, gently lead me, make me feel secure, etc.).
3. I know you and I haven’t been seeing eye-to-eye lately. But I want to let you know that I accept you whether I agree with you or not, and I’m committed to working on our relationship so we both feel understood and secure.
4. I have not a bit of a headache tonight. Interested?
5. I can’t believe how _____ you are. You are so clearly gifted in that area.
6. I’m seeing lately that you may not feel very _____, but I hope you know I still respect you deeply.
7. Let’s clear the calendar and get outta Dodge together.
8. The way you _____ is such a good complement to me. God knew what I needed when He gave me you.
9. You are my best friend.
10. I am more in love with you than ever.
11. I want to go out with you. Are you free _____ night?
12. No matter how royally you mess up, I’ll always be glad you’re mine, I’ll forgive you, and I’ll love your socks off.
13. I remember when I _____. I felt really _____. I don’t know if that’s like what you’re going through, but either way, I want to be there for you.
14. I’m sorry. Will you please forgive me for _____?
15. I saw this and knew it would look great on you.
16. I’m proud of you. That takes an incredible amount of courage/humility/forethought, etc.
17. I got you this, just because.
18. I forgive you. And I won’t bring this up again, okay?
19. Got a minute? There’s something I want to show you in the bedroom.
20. Lately I’ve really seen you grow in the area of _____, like when you _____.
21. You’re right.
22. I hope it’s okay; I tackled _____ from your to-do list today. I know it’s been hanging over your head.
23. Got your favorite snack at the grocery store!
24. I admire you in _____. In fact, I could learn a lot from you in that area.
25. I trust you.
26. Go ahead and sleep in tomorrow.
27. I had no idea you could do that! You continue to impress me.
28. What do you think?
29. Can I give you a massage?
30. To the kids: I love your dad so much. He is so _____.
31. I love being around you.
32. I got a babysitter tonight!
33. I think you have so much to offer, and I can see it in the ways you _____.
34. I’m so glad you’re home.
35. I saw this at the store, and it made me think of you.
36. Thank you!
37. I love doing _____ with you.
38. I stayed within the budget this month!
39. You are one of the best gifts I’ve ever gotten. I am so humbled God gave me you.
40. You and me this evening: Game on.
41. I feel so proud when I’m with you.
42. Mind if I hold your hand?
43. I made your favorite _____.
44. Yeowzas. That looks great on you.
45. You are so well-disciplined in _____.
46. Do you feel like I’m understanding you?
47. You handled that incredibly well.
48. What would sound great for dinner tonight?
49. Let’s put the kids to bed early.
50. If there were one thing you could change about me as your wife, what would it be?
51. You have some real gifts in the area of _____.
52. I got tickets!
53. Why don’t you take the night off? I’ve got the kids.
54. It is so cool to watch the man you’ve become even since we’ve been married.
55. Just wanted to let you know I’m praying for you.
56. I got the car washed and serviced today, hoping it would just take a little of the load off your plate.
57. I love it when you wear that.
58. You still take my breath away.
59. I miss you. Have a great time!
60. Our kids are so blessed to have a dad like you. I love the way you _____ them.
61. You make me so happy just by being you.
62. I love you so much.
One final note: Maybe you’re a woman who initiates a lot of love for your man, but tenderness is not often reciprocated. Maybe you’re reading this under the burden of a husband who doesn’t serve you or protect you or cherish you. We want to compassionately encourage you: Jesus gave without mutual gain, too—and that puts you in some pretty good company. We’re asking God to give you remarkable, gentle grace as you lift up your spouse in prayer, and as you meet everyday struggles against resentment and, in several cases, injustice. Our God is the God who sees (Genesis 21:15-21).