10 Questions to Ask Your Child Today
Sometimes all that is required for a fun and memorable time is good conversation. Getting to know the unique little individuals God has gifted me with is one of my favorite things to do… and it often leads to a lot of laughter as well. Your challenge today is to sit down (or take a walk) and ask your kiddos the following questions:
- Tell me the five best things about you.
- What is the happiest memory you remember?
- Why do you like being a kid?
- What is your favorite thing to do in the summer?
- Name two things we should do as a family on the weekend.
- What is the nicest thing you have ever done for someone?
- What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
- What do you love most about your sibling/cousin/friend?
- What is Mom’s favorite thing to do?
- If we could spend the day doing anything you wanted, what would we do?
Some of their answers might surprise you. I did this with both my kiddos earlier today. Going by their answers, we need a pool (or more frequent access to one, as swimming popped up in 7 of the 10 questions for each of them.)
And also apparently my favorite thing to do is “To take a nap. Because Mommy, you’re always saying you’d really like to take a nap.” I don’t know if taking a nap is actually my favorite thing to do. But I can’t fault their logic!