Happy Labor Day!
I encourage you to use this Labor Day as an opportunity to make a fun memory with your children. Do something out of the ordinary and unexpected—be a silly mom!
- Prepare flying family flapjacks—don’t serve them on plates, but toss them to the kiddos and they have to catch them with their plates.
- Challenge your children to a game of hide-and-go-seek.
- Enjoy a hairbrush microphone singing contest.
- Have a picnic at a park, in your yard, or even in your living room.
- Play a board game.
- Make orange juice floats (vanilla ice cream and OJ—yum!).
- Teach them how to speak pig Latin.
- Have a family dance-off.
- Pull out some old photos and tell them stories about your childhood or what they were like when they were babies.
- Have everyone wear their clothes inside out.
Okay, stop reading and go have some fun! If you try one of these ideas, leave a comment and tell us what your kiddos thought.